Careers in Logistics? These are the Most Lucrative
- Customer Service Specialist. The key to maintaining relationships with customers is superior service.
- Logistics Analyst.
- Logistics Engineer.
- Purchasing Lead.
- International Business Development.
- Inventory Control Specialist.
- Transportation Manager.
- 1 What kind of jobs are in logistics?
- 2 What is logistics job role?
- 3 What is the best job in logistics?
- 4 Do logistics jobs pay well?
- 5 Is logistics a good career?
- 6 What skills are needed for logistics?
- 7 What are types of logistics?
- 8 What degree is logistics?
- 9 What logistics jobs pay the most?
- 10 Can you work in logistics without a degree?
What kind of jobs are in logistics?
Here are 4 of the top careers in logistics and supply chain management:
- Demand Planning Analyst.
- Procurement Manager.
- Distribution Centre (DC) Supervisor.
- Supply Chain Consultant.
What is logistics job role?
Logistics managers are responsible for planning, coordinating, and monitoring logistics operations such as warehousing, inventory, transportation, and supply chain processes. Logistics managers typically have strong organizational and leadership skills.
What is the best job in logistics?
Top high-paying logistics jobs to pursue
- Commodity manager.
- Management analyst.
- Configuration manager.
- Supply chain manager.
- Director of operations.
- Sourcing manager.
- Chief operating officer. National average salary: $119,603 per year.
- Vice president of supply chain. National average salary: $193,500 per year.
Do logistics jobs pay well?
Transportation logistics specialists do a lot to make logistics and supply chain management easier, but they don’t make as much as other supply chain professionals. According to Salary.com, the average transportation logistics specialist salary falls somewhere between $37,000 and $46,000; PayScale reports $47,000.
Is logistics a good career?
Once considered a low-skilled industry, logistics today is emerging as a sought-after sector for employment, due to the role of digitization, the deployment of global best-practices, and rising economic relevance. It is thus a great career opportunity for skilled professionals and freshers alike.
What skills are needed for logistics?
8 Must-have qualities and skills for logistics professionals
- Ability to see the big picture.
- Calm under pressure.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Continually seeking improvement.
- Proficient in project management.
- Able to manage and release stress.
What are types of logistics?
Logistics Fields Logistics can be split into five types by field: procurement logistics, production logistics, sales logistics, recovery logistics, and recycling logistics.
What degree is logistics?
The BLS reports that a bachelor’s degree is the minimum requirement for business careers in logistics. In fact, 56 percent of logistics analysts and 60 percent of logistics managers report having a bachelor’s degree as their maximum level of education.
What logistics jobs pay the most?
6 high-paying logistics and supply chain jobs to watch
- Logistician. Average Annual Salary: $74,750.
- Purchasing Manager. Average Annual Salary: $121,110.
- Logistics Engineer. Average Annual Salary: $71,000.
- Fleet Manager. Average Annual Salary: $60,849.
- Demand Planning Analyst.
- Distribution Center Manager.
Can you work in logistics without a degree?
The level of education required really depends on the nature of the role, some positions require no formal education, some a TAFE course and others a full uni degree. While most managers are required to have a degree, some work their way up from a standard logistics position.