Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics Management, Operations Management or other closely related field. EXPERIENCE: 5 – 10 years inventory control management experience. (An equivalent combination of education and work experience that satisfy the requirements of the job may be sufficient).
- 1 What are the requirements for a logistics specialist?
- 2 What is an inventory logistics specialist?
- 3 What is the role of logistics specialist?
- 4 How do you become an inventory specialist?
- 5 What skills are needed in logistics?
- 6 Do logistics jobs pay well?
- 7 How much does a Logistics Specialist make at XPO Logistics?
- 8 How much does a Logistics Specialist make at Amazon?
- 9 What is an Amazon Logistics Specialist?
- 10 What does a warehouse specialist do?
- 11 What is logistics job?
- 12 What is a Logistics Specialist II?
- 13 What skills make you great at what you do as an inventory specialist?
- 14 How do I become a good inventory specialist?
What are the requirements for a logistics specialist?
Qualifications for Logistics Specialists
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or Business (preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- 5+ years previous experience in logistics management or coordination.
- Working knowledge of PC computer systems and cargo management software preferred.
- Great interpersonal skills.
What is an inventory logistics specialist?
Primary Responsibilities: * The logistics specialist is a professional who is responsible for the movement and management of the organization’s inventory and goods.
What is the role of logistics specialist?
Planning and managing logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services. Directing, optimizing and coordinating full order cycle. Liaising and negotiating with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.
How do you become an inventory specialist?
You can follow these general steps to become an inventory specialist:
- Earn a high school diploma or an equivalent. Becoming an inventory specialist requires at least a high school level education.
- Earn an associate’s degree.
- Spend time working in inventory management.
- Advance to the role of inventory specialist.
What skills are needed in logistics?
To establish a good career in logistics, we rounded up ten skills that you must work on and keep in mind at all times.
- Forward Thinking.
- Strong Numerical and Analytical Skills.
- Extensive Industry Knowledge.
- Team player.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Sound Decision-making.
Do logistics jobs pay well?
Transportation logistics specialists do a lot to make logistics and supply chain management easier, but they don’t make as much as other supply chain professionals. According to Salary.com, the average transportation logistics specialist salary falls somewhere between $37,000 and $46,000; PayScale reports $47,000.
How much does a Logistics Specialist make at XPO Logistics?
Average XPO Logistics Logistics Specialist hourly pay in the United States is approximately $14.63, which is 19% below the national average.
How much does a Logistics Specialist make at Amazon?
The typical Amazon Logistics Specialist salary is $21 per hour. Logistics Specialist salaries at Amazon can range from $15 – $48 per hour.
What is an Amazon Logistics Specialist?
The Logistics Specialist reviews Data-Center inventory, in-bound shipments, and ongoing demand to ensure that proper stock levels are maintained in all the locations to support build and repair activities.
What does a warehouse specialist do?
Warehouse specialists ensure that the daily functions and procedures of the distribution centers for manufacturers and retailers run smoothly and efficiently. Their duties revolve around shipping, receiving, and maintaining inventory. They fulfill orders, package items for shipment, and arrange delivery pickups.
What is logistics job?
Logistics jobs are careers that manage or facilitate the movement of goods from each stage of creation to shipment. You can coordinate logistics for companies as an in-house employee or work for a company that contracts logistics services to other businesses.
What is a Logistics Specialist II?
The Logistics Specialist contributes and supports the operations of the Logistics department with awareness and knowledge of the various areas of the operation Receiving, Shipping Warehousing and Inventory control.
What skills make you great at what you do as an inventory specialist?
Inventory Specialist Skills
- Math proficiency.
- Familiarity with ERP and data entry systems.
- Ability to perform moderate to heavy lifting.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Great written and verbal communication.
- Basic budget management skills.
How do I become a good inventory specialist?
Successful inventory specialists should have excellent interpersonal communication skills, a firm grasp of basic computer programs, and an ability to work both independently and in a team. Ideal candidates will have inventory experience as well as mid-level management experience.