Logistics account executives combine their sales and logistical expertise to sell transportation and shipment solutions. They manage logistics for assigned accounts, increase revenue by creating new leads, and liaise between customers and carriers.
- 1 What is logistics job description?
- 2 What does an Account Executive get paid?
- 3 Do logistics jobs pay well?
- 4 Is account executive an entry level?
- 5 Do you need a degree to be an account executive?
- 6 What skills do you need to be an account executive?
- 7 What degree is best for logistics?
- 8 What is the best job in logistics?
- 9 How do I become a logistic?
- 10 What qualifications do you need to work in logistics?
What is logistics job description?
Logistics Coordinators are typically employed by supply chain operations to manage the storage and transportation processes of the organization’s inventory and goods. They’ll acquire, store and take inventory of the raw materials needed for a product.
What does an Account Executive get paid?
How Much Does an Account Executive Make? Glassdoor reports that the average salary for an AE is about $63,000 per year, with additional cash compensation (commissions) of $31,000.
Do logistics jobs pay well?
Transportation logistics specialists do a lot to make logistics and supply chain management easier, but they don’t make as much as other supply chain professionals. According to Salary.com, the average transportation logistics specialist salary falls somewhere between $37,000 and $46,000; PayScale reports $47,000.
Is account executive an entry level?
With backgrounds in marketing, communications, or business, both aspiring account executives and account managers are ready to pursue entry-level jobs, eventually working their way up to higher-level positions.
Do you need a degree to be an account executive?
Account executives typically need to have an undergraduate degree in business administration, communications, marketing or a related field. Some account executives also earn a master’s degree in business or marketing, especially if they intend to pursue executive roles later in their careers.
What skills do you need to be an account executive?
Skills needed to be an Account Executive
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Good ‘people skills’, for working with a range of colleagues and clients.
What degree is best for logistics?
A bachelor’s in business administration degree program that includes a concentration in logistics may be considered a logistics degree, as can degrees in areas like supply chain management, logistics management transportation, systems engineering and other areas of study.
What is the best job in logistics?
Top high-paying logistics jobs to pursue
- Commodity manager.
- Management analyst.
- Configuration manager.
- Supply chain manager.
- Director of operations.
- Sourcing manager.
- Chief operating officer. National average salary: $119,603 per year.
- Vice president of supply chain. National average salary: $193,500 per year.
How do I become a logistic?
Logisticians may qualify for some positions with an associate’s degree. However, due to complex logistics and supply chains, companies prefer to hire workers who have at least a bachelor’s degree. Many logisticians have a bachelor’s degree in business, systems engineering, or supply chain management.
What qualifications do you need to work in logistics?
Do I need a logistics degree? Logistics and distribution/supply chain manager jobs are open to all graduates although you’ll find that more employers are seeking graduates with a specific degree in logistics, transport or supply chain management.