Claim It for free to request updates to your profile. Company Description: Dale’s Equipment Transport is located in Summerville, SC, United States and is part of the General Freight Trucking Industry. Dale’s Equipment Transport has 3 total employees across all of its locations and generates $211,169 in sales (USD).
- 1 What are sales logistics?
- 2 What is the purpose of a logistics company?
- 3 How can I be successful in logistics sales?
- 4 What do I need to know about logistics sales?
- 5 Do logistics jobs pay well?
- 6 What are the job positions in logistics?
- 7 Is logistics a good career choice?
- 8 How much money do you need to start a logistics company?
- 9 What are the three types of logistics?
- 10 What is a logistic career?
- 11 How do you get 3PL customers?
- 12 How can logistics improve a business?
- 13 How do logistics get customers?
- 14 How can logistics increase profitability?
- 15 How can logistics increase revenue?
What are sales logistics?
The focus of the logistics sales job is on selling logistical solutions to clients and prospecting for new business. They evaluate and anticipate clients’ needs, with the goal of creating a book of business around their interests and creatively selling the services of the organization to clients and prospects.
What is the purpose of a logistics company?
Logistics companies plan, implement, and control the movement and storage of goods, services, or information within a supply chain and between the points of origin and consumption. Various logistics companies handle some or all of these supply chain functions, depending on a client’s logistical needs.
How can I be successful in logistics sales?
5 Steps to Successful Sales in Transportation and Logistics
- Effectively Manage Your Time.
- Ask Effective and Challenging Questions.
- Understand Common Buying Processes in Transportation.
- Compare and Contrast vs. Competitors.
- Never Stop Learning.
What do I need to know about logistics sales?
How to know if you’re a good fit for a logistics sales career
- You want high earning potential in a successful, growing industry.
- You enjoy a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- You’re willing to put in the work in order to succeed.
- You’re competitive and like teamwork.
- You want to work for Fortune 500 companies.
Do logistics jobs pay well?
Transportation logistics specialists do a lot to make logistics and supply chain management easier, but they don’t make as much as other supply chain professionals. According to Salary.com, the average transportation logistics specialist salary falls somewhere between $37,000 and $46,000; PayScale reports $47,000.
What are the job positions in logistics?
Here are the top 5 job descriptions for the Logistics Industry.
- Logistics Coordinator. A Logistics Coordinator is responsible for creating, analyzing, and managing the logistics plans.
- Logistics Manager.
- Warehouse Manager.
- Shipping Manager.
- Supply Chain Analyst.
Is logistics a good career choice?
The logistics industry is often overlooked, as compared to the other fast-growing industries such as technology and life sciences. But the reality is that it is a highly important industry, providing the bedrock of the global economy by connecting suppliers and manufacturers, and retailers with consumers.
How much money do you need to start a logistics company?
An initial cost you can consider when starting your trucking company is about $6,000 to $15,000 (not including your equipment). This includes registration and formation documentation that, on average, cost from $900 to $1,500.
What are the three types of logistics?
Types of Logistics
- Logistics Fields.
- Procurement Logistics: Procuring Raw Materials and Parts.
- Production Logistics: Materials Management, Distribution in Factories, Product Management, Shipping.
- Sales Logistics: Delivery from Warehouse to Wholesalers, Retailers, and Consumers.
What is a logistic career?
As a logistics worker, you are focused on the transportation, distribution, and storage of goods and materials. You work to keep the supply chain of the company efficient and capable of meeting business goals. “Logistics worker,” as a term, can include shipping clerks, managers, analysts, and engineers.
How do you get 3PL customers?
The Logistics of Logistics Podcast
- Speaking engagements. If you can score yourself a speaking engagement at an industry event, there is a very good chance that you will be approached by a prospective customer right after your presentation.
- White Papers.
- Email Marketing.
How can logistics improve a business?
So we bring you a few tips to help you boost your sales figures and grow your business:
- Amplify sales predictability. It is very critical to have a sales strategy in place.
- Keep the leads coming.
- Manage your leads/customers better.
- Offer what the customer needs.
- Build your brand.
- Open a new location/platform.
How do logistics get customers?
How to Boost Sales in Logistics in 7 Steps
- Define a Formal Sales Process.
- Start Inbound Marketing.
- Update Sales Enablement Resources.
- Book Trade Shows (or Other Events) For Lead Capture.
- Set Up a Sales Automation Platform.
- Differentiate Your Logistics Business Niche.
- Offer More Complete Services Than the Competition.
How can logistics increase profitability?
Theoretically, increasing profitability is very simple – All one must do is Increase the Revenue and Reduce the Expenditures – thus, achieving the perfect end result.
- Power of Information.
- Business Optimization to Cut Costs.
- Stop Revenue Leakage.
- Improve Customer Loyalty.
- Effective use of CRM.
How can logistics increase revenue?
Logistics Sales: Strategies to Boost Revenue Growth
- Increase Sales Predictability. The first step is to put in place a sales process that is repeatable, scalable, and measurable.
- Generate Leads Consistently.
- Increase Sales Conversions.