Based on recent job postings on ZipRecruiter, the Entry Level Logistics Coordinator job market in both Chicago, IL and the surrounding area is very active. An Entry Level Logistics Coordinator in your area makes on average $38,536 per year, or $892 (2%) more than the national average annual salary of $37,644.
- 1 What is a good entry level salary?
- 2 What does a logistics coordinator do?
- 3 How long does it take to become a logistics coordinator?
- 4 Do you need a degree to be a logistics coordinator?
- 5 Is 60000 a good entry level salary?
- 6 Is 40000 a good entry level salary?
- 7 Is logistics coordinator a good job?
- 8 Is it hard to be a logistics manager?
- 9 What degree do you need to work in logistics?
- 10 What are the interview questions for logistics coordinator?
- 11 How can I grow my career in logistics?
- 12 What does a senior logistics coordinator do?
What is a good entry level salary?
The average entry-level salary The average salary for entry-level positions in the United States is $40,153 per year. Though this is the average base salary, the numbers range from as low as $26,000 to as high as $56,000 for some geographical locations and entry-level positions.
What does a logistics coordinator do?
Logistics Coordinators manage the supply chain of goods, and ensure they are distributed in the most efficient manner. They are responsible for ensuring that any items processed through the system travel safely and in the most cost-effective way possible.
How long does it take to become a logistics coordinator?
Requirements include 2-4 years of relevant work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or a related field.
Do you need a degree to be a logistics coordinator?
To become a logistics coordinator, you first need a high school diploma or equivalent. Though some jobs require a bachelor’s degree in logistics or a related field, some logistics coordinator jobs only require an associate degree and work experience with on-the-job training.
Is 60000 a good entry level salary?
College grads expect to earn $60,000 in their first job—here’s how much they actually make. The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) calculates that the preliminary average starting salary for graduates from the class of 2018 is about $50,004.
Is 40000 a good entry level salary?
I’d do something like this but I just straight up can’t do math for the life of me, and every good paying degree otherwise requires it. I passed Algebra 1 in highschool with a 60.00%, barely, while at maximum effort in passing.
Is logistics coordinator a good job?
If you’re looking to break into a dynamic industry, logistics coordinator may be the job opportunity you’re looking for. This role offers plenty of room to develop new skills, advance to the next level and move into other specializations.
Is it hard to be a logistics manager?
It’s not as easy as expediting everything. Logistics managers have to find the most efficient and cost-effective ways to move materials and goods and to find the optimal balance between supply and demand. If all that sounds like a fascinating puzzle to solve, keep reading.
What degree do you need to work in logistics?
Logisticians may qualify for some positions with an associate’s degree. However, due to complex logistics and supply chains, companies prefer to hire workers who have at least a bachelor’s degree. Many logisticians have a bachelor’s degree in business, systems engineering, or supply chain management.
What are the interview questions for logistics coordinator?
Interview Questions for Logistics Coordinators:
- Can you describe the typical day of a logistics coordinator?
- How do you go about optimizing processes?
- How do you approach issues such as missing inventory?
- Can you share an experience in which you had to negotiate with a supplier?
How can I grow my career in logistics?
Tips To Advance Your Supply Chain And Logistics Career
- Assess your skills. Evaluating your strengths and skill sets is the first step in growing your career in supply chain.
- Keep up with technology.
- Continue developing critical skills.
What does a senior logistics coordinator do?
The Senior Logistic Coordinator must manage the movements, preservation and security of commodity’s while in transit, storage and distribution to ensure quality assurance.