Based on recent job postings on ZipRecruiter, the Logistics Specialist job market in both Chicago, IL and the surrounding area is very active. A Logistics Specialist in your area makes on average $44,443 per year, or $1,029 (2%) more than the national average annual salary of $43,414.
- 1 What does a logistic specialist do?
- 2 How much does a career in logistics make?
- 3 What are the highest paying logistics jobs?
- 4 Do logistics jobs pay well?
- 5 How do I become a logistics specialist?
- 6 Is logistics a good career choice?
- 7 What degree is best for logistics?
- 8 What skills do you need for logistics?
- 9 How much does a logistics specialist make at Amazon?
- 10 How much do Amazon logistics managers make?
- 11 What is the best job in logistics?
- 12 Where can I work if I study logistics?
- 13 Which country pays highest salary for logistics?
What does a logistic specialist do?
A Logistics Specialist Coordinator, or Logistics Specialist, is responsible for overseeing the supply chain for company products from the manufacturing stage through to storage and product orders.
How much does a career in logistics make?
How Much Does a Logistician Make? Logisticians made a median salary of $74,750 in 2019. The best-paid 25 percent made $96,240 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $57,080.
What are the highest paying logistics jobs?
High-Paying Jobs in Supply Chain and Logistics
- Distribution Center Manager.
- Fleet Manager.
- Business Operations Specialist.
- Configuration Analyst.
- Senior Level Landman.
Do logistics jobs pay well?
Transportation logistics specialists do a lot to make logistics and supply chain management easier, but they don’t make as much as other supply chain professionals. According to Salary.com, the average transportation logistics specialist salary falls somewhere between $37,000 and $46,000; PayScale reports $47,000.
How do I become a logistics specialist?
Employers require logistic specialists to have at least 1-3 years of relevant work experience. Although not compulsory, a bachelor’s degree would also be preferred. The minimum educational requirement is a high school diploma. Logistic specialists earn, on average, $21 per hour.
Is logistics a good career choice?
The logistics industry is often overlooked, as compared to the other fast-growing industries such as technology and life sciences. But the reality is that it is a highly important industry, providing the bedrock of the global economy by connecting suppliers and manufacturers, and retailers with consumers.
What degree is best for logistics?
A bachelor’s in business administration degree program that includes a concentration in logistics may be considered a logistics degree, as can degrees in areas like supply chain management, logistics management transportation, systems engineering and other areas of study.
What skills do you need for logistics?
8 Must-have qualities and skills for logistics professionals
- Ability to see the big picture.
- Calm under pressure.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Continually seeking improvement.
- Proficient in project management.
- Able to manage and release stress.
How much does a logistics specialist make at Amazon?
The typical Amazon Logistics Specialist salary is $21 per hour. Logistics Specialist salaries at Amazon can range from $15 – $48 per hour.
How much do Amazon logistics managers make?
Amazon Salary FAQs The average salary for a Logistics Manager is $71,834 per year in United States, which is 9% higher than the average Amazon salary of $65,312 per year for this job.
What is the best job in logistics?
Top high-paying logistics jobs to pursue
- Commodity manager.
- Management analyst.
- Configuration manager.
- Supply chain manager.
- Director of operations.
- Sourcing manager.
- Chief operating officer. National average salary: $119,603 per year.
- Vice president of supply chain. National average salary: $193,500 per year.
Where can I work if I study logistics?
Top 4 Careers in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Demand Planning Analyst. A demand planning analyst is responsible for managing stock levels and purchasing goods, as well as for analysing the inventory and billing processes.
- Procurement Manager.
- Distribution Centre (DC) Supervisor.
- Supply Chain Consultant.
Which country pays highest salary for logistics?
The absolute highest pay a logistics manager can receive happens to be in Switzerland where the national average for logistics managers is over $120K annually.