Top 10 broker salaries by state: Arkansas $71,220. Illinois $ 66,448.
- 1 Do freight agents make good money?
- 2 Do logistics jobs pay well?
- 3 What does a logistics agent do?
- 4 How do freight agents get paid?
- 5 What degree is best for logistics?
- 6 How much money do logistics make a year?
- 7 How do I become a logistics agent?
- 8 What do I need to become a freight agent?
- 9 How much do cargo and freight agents make?
- 10 How much do Amazon drivers make?
- 11 What is the highest paying trucking job?
Do freight agents make good money?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing annual salaries as high as $102,500 and as low as $20,000, the majority of Freight Agent No Experience salaries currently range between $30,000 (25th percentile) to $53,500 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $81,000 annually across the United States.
Do logistics jobs pay well?
Transportation logistics specialists do a lot to make logistics and supply chain management easier, but they don’t make as much as other supply chain professionals. According to Salary.com, the average transportation logistics specialist salary falls somewhere between $37,000 and $46,000; PayScale reports $47,000.
What does a logistics agent do?
A logistic agent might handle customer service as it relates to deliveries and schedules, ordering, tracking, planning, and reporting. Whenever a product must get from one location to another, someone plans the logistics including transportation and scheduling.
How do freight agents get paid?
Unlike many sales jobs, freight brokers are normally paid based on the gross margin of loads, rather than the gross revenue number. The reason for this is that gross revenue is not the key metric for a brokerage in any industry. The most important metric is the profitability of each individual buy and sell transaction.
What degree is best for logistics?
A bachelor’s in business administration degree program that includes a concentration in logistics may be considered a logistics degree, as can degrees in areas like supply chain management, logistics management transportation, systems engineering and other areas of study.
How much money do logistics make a year?
How Much Does a Logistician Make? Logisticians made a median salary of $74,750 in 2019. The best-paid 25 percent made $96,240 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $57,080.
How do I become a logistics agent?
Here are the most common steps to become a freight broker:
- Attend freight broker training school.
- Register your business and prepare your business plan.
- Find the right carriers.
- Meet licensing requirements.
- Obtain freight broker bond.
- File your BOC-3.
- Develop a marketing strategy.
What do I need to become a freight agent?
Steps on How to Become a Freight Broker
- Gain Industry Experience and Study.
- Choose a Company Name and Register Your Business.
- Develop a Business Plan.
- Find the Right Carriers.
- Apply For a USDOT Number and Get Your Broker Authority.
- Get a Freight Broker Bond.
- Obtain Contingent Cargo Insurance and General Liability.
How much do cargo and freight agents make?
The average salary for a cargo and freight agent in the United States is around $43,740 per year.
How much do Amazon drivers make?
How much does a Delivery Driver at Amazon make? The typical Amazon Delivery Driver salary is $16 per hour. Delivery Driver salaries at Amazon can range from $9 – $98 per hour.
What is the highest paying trucking job?
7 Highest Paying Trucking Jobs In 2020
- Ice Road Trucking. The driving seasons are short — 3 to 4 months — but drivers can make a lot of money during the Ice Road Trucking season.
- Heavy Haul/Oversize.
- House Hold Goods Movers.
- Team Driving.
- Private Fleets.